Contributed by Hazel Luo on Ninja's Recipe Sharing Group.
Korean Fried Chicken - mildly spicy, sweet and sticky fried chicken without deep frying. Recipe adapted from Maangchi.
600g chicken (I used chicken legs and thigh meat mostly, you can use wings and drumsticks too)
1/2 tsp Sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/4 cup potato starch
1/8 cup plain flour
1/8 cup glutinous rice flour
1/2 tb baking soda
2 garlic, minced
40ml corn syrup
30ml hot pepper paste (gochujang sauce)
1/2 tb Apple cider vinegar
1. Wash and drain chicken. Cut into smaller pieces.
2. Add salt and pepper and mix well. Cover and keep in the fridge overnight.
3. Remove the chicken from the fridge. Add in potato starch, plain flour, glutinous rice flour, baking soda and egg in the chicken. Mix well and set aside for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat NF air crisp mode at 180 degrees for 5 min.
5. Spray chicken lightly with oil and air fry for about 12 minutes. I cooked them in 3 batches.
6. Air fry the second time at 200degrees Celsius for 5 minutes.
7. Remove chicken and basket. Using the oil that has dripped into the ninja pot, turn on Sauté mode on Mid, add in garlic and fry till fragrant.
8. Turn to low and add in sauce ingredients, stir for 7 min.
9. Add in all the crispy chicken and quickly toss to coat the sauce all over the chicken. Garnish with sesame seeds and spring onions. Best enjoyed with pickled radish and a bottle of Soju! Geonbae !
Images by Hazel Luo