Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 28 min
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 8 cups cold water
- 8 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, sliced
- 1.5 cups raspberries, rinsed
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 frozen pie crust, defrosted
- Ice cream, optional, for serving
- Combine lemon juice, water, and apple slices in a bowl. Let slices soak for 10 minutes, then remove them from the water and pat very dry.
- Insert grill grate in unit and close hood. Select GRILL> MAX> 8 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin preheating.
- While unit is preheating, dice 8 of the apple slices; set them aside. In a mixing bowl, toss remaining slices with 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar and 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, covering all slices evenly.
- When the unit beeps to signify it has preheated, place slices tossed with sugar on the grill grate and cook for 8 minutes. Do not flip slices during grilling.
- Meanwhile, combine raspberries, remaining dark brown sugar, remaining granulated sugar, cinnamon, ginger, flour, applesauce, and diced apples in a mixing bowl.
- When cooking is complete, gently fold grilled apples into the ingredients in the mixing bowl.
- Pour mixture into the Ninja® multi-purpose pan* (or an 8-inch baking pan), spreading evenly. Lay pie crust over the top and pinch around the edges to ensure it adheres to pan. Using a knife, cut several Xs in the dough so steam can escape during baking.
- Remove grill grate from unit. Select BAKE> 180°C> 20 minutes. Select START/STOP to begin preheating.
- When the unit beeps to signify it has preheated, place pan directly in pot. Close hood and cook for 20 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, allow pie to cool for 20 minutes before serving warm with ice cream, if desired.
For an extra-golden crust, brush it before and during cooking with 1/4 cup heavy cream mixed with an egg yolk.
Image & Recipe from ninjakitchen.com