Contributed by Pauline Lim Smith on Ninja's Recipe Sharing Group
- 400gram radish grated finely
- 25ml water
- 100g rice flour
- 125ml water
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Mix grated radish and 25ml water in a pan.
- Put 1 cup water in Inner Pot of Ninja Foodi & Pressure Cook on HI for 10 minutes. Quick release. Set aside and allow it to cool.
- Mix the rice flour, water and salt until well combined, making sure there is no lumps.
- Add the rice flour solution to the cooled grated radish. Stir and mix it well. The mixture will look like a watery coleslaw. Put back in NF and pressure cook HI for 25 minutes followed by Natural Release.
- Take out and cool completely (Pauline kept in the fridge overnight )
- Steamed carrot cake (take out 30 minutes before cooking )
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 3-4 tbs chye poh (preserved turnip)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp sambal chilli
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- white pepper, to season
- 2 stalk spring onion, sliced finely
- Cut the carrot cake to small pieces. Heat NF saute HI, once heated, add 2 tbsp coconut oil and fry the carrot cake till golden brown and crispy.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Add the garlic and chye poh and fry till fragrant. Add more oil if needed.
- Add the fish sauce, pepper and sambal. Fry till the carrot cake is well coated.
- Pour the beaten eggs onto the carrot cake and allow it to set slightly before flipping over.
- Top with chopped spring onions and serve immediately.
Images by Pauline Lim Smith