By Chee Jia Ying (@couplej9091) on Instagram.
Note from Jia Ying: After 4 years (2017 was the last time I baked), I finally baked again!
Without an oven and a complete set of baking tools and accessories, I successfully baked some German cookies as a start 😊 Since we don’t have any mixer, we mixed it manually using a whisk and a spatula. It is not easy to bake when you’re sharing a unit with others but this gave me a certain sense of satisfaction and accomplishment.
Ingredients (for about 44 pieces):
- 65g Butter (I used Golden Churn Salted Butter)
- 40g Plain Flour/All Purpose Flour
- 63g Potato Starch
- 18g Icing Sugar
- 0.5 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
1. Take the butter out from fridge and leave it at room temperature for about 30-35 mins.
2. Preheat Ninja Foodi at 150°C for about 20 mins using “Bake” function.
3. Add icing sugar and butter into the mixing bowl and mix them until it becomes creamy and fluffy. (Make sure you don’t see any sugar remaining)
4. Add vanilla extract and mix it well.
5. Sift potato starch and plain flour into the mixing bowl. Then, mix it well again.
6. Roll little balls from the dough and place them on the baking paper. Press them with a fork for the shape and design.
7. Transfer the cookie doughs together with the baking paper to the lower side of the reversible rack. Bake for 15 mins at 150°C for the first batch. The second batch can be baked with 10 mins since Foodi is already heated.
8. Store in an airtight container!
Images & Video by Chee Jia Ying (@couplej9091) on Instagram.
Link to original post: https://www.instagram.com/p/CKwFe3EMtfU/